Macaroni and cheese is a favorite comfort food. And just because you eliminate gluten from your diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this childhood favorite! Made with a base of rice pasta, raw cream, and raw butter, this macaroni and cheese is not only gluten-free, but nutrient dense!
“When I was a little kid there was nothing that rocked my world more than homemade macaroni and cheese. My Grandma had it down to a science, and every time we went up the the cabin she would make it. I can still smell it cooking! We went gluten free years ago that eliminated pasta as I had known it. While we rarely eat any grains at all anymore, I still reserve rice pasta for those special occasions when we have a babysitter and the kids refuse to eat. Mommy and Daddy need a date night….the kids are eating macaroni and cheese…..everybody wins! It really helps with out babysitter retention rates!
Of course I want to make this stuff as healthy as possible so I made it with the best ingredients. Let me break it down for you…
- Rice Pasta: has the least amount of “anti-nutrients” of the grains so it will be less likely to wreak havoc on your digestion and rob your body of essential minerals
- Gouda: Full of Vitamin K2 (you can read about that in this post)
- Raw cream: full of healthy fats
- Raw butter: again, full of healthy fats and natural omega-3′s
- Sea salt: FULL of natural trace minerals! To see the list read this article
- Nutritional yeast: good source of B vitamins. Here is a chart of the nutritional profile….”