Protein cookies are an excellent way to slip some extra protein into your diet. These protein cookies are made with nut butter, natural sugar, and protein powder. Chances are these babies won’t last long!
“The Superbowl is just a few days away! I’m not exactly a football fan myself, but I do love a good party and funny commercials. TOUCHDOWN!
These “manly” protein cookies are just the right treat to serve during the game. Word has it that girls like ’em, too! 😉
- It’s what makes up the structural components of your body, including the cells, tissues, skin, collagen, and even bone.
- Protein gets broken down during digestion into amino acids. These are then re-assembled as parts of a new protein in your body, cool!
- There are 8 essential amino acids (your body cannot make these on its own). Animal sources contain all 8. Plant sources contain some, but must be combined strategically to obtain all 8 essential amino acids.
- The most nutrient rich sources of protein are eggs, meats, nuts and seeds, seafood, legumes, whole grains, and some dairy.
- Your need for protein is naturally dictated by your hunger for it. Athletes and individuals under stress may need more protein.”