Pulled pork is a dish that beautifully combines smokey and sweet spices with a tad bit of heat. Pulled pork is tender and juicy, and this paleo crockpot recipe is easy to make!
“When I first got my slow cooker I put out a call for suggestions for my inaugural dish, and this recipe came up repeatedly. I was not disappointed. Abel James of the “Fat Burning Man Show” says this is the best pulled pork of his life – and who am I to disagree? Don’t be fooled by the long list of ingredients – the dish is as easy as it is delicious. I’ve made it many a time.
- 4 lb bone in pork shoulder
- 4 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Beasty BBQ Sauce
- Mix all ingredients except the pork shoulder and the BBQ sauce in a small mixing bowl for the rub. Massage the spice rub all over the meat in every crevice you can find.
- Tightly, double-wrap the roast in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, up to 3 days.
- Unwrap the roast and place it in the crock pot. Add 1/4 cup of water and turn the crock pot on low. Cook for 8-10 hours, until the meat is fork‐tender.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and discard all the liquid in the crock pot. Pull the meat apart by tearing the meat into thin shreds with two forks or with fingers. Place all the shredded meat back in the crock pot and toss with a full batch of Beasty BBQ Sauce.”