This quick and simple DIY project will result in an adorable and reusable food wrap for you! This post has fantastic suggestions about food storage and promises that this reusable food wrap can last for up to a year!
“Reasons To ♥ Reusable Food Wrap
If you’re like me, there’s probably no love lost between you and plastic. Except, well, plastic cling wrap is just so convenient. I mean, Pyrex glass storage containers are fantastic, but sometimes you already have something in a container that just doesn’t have a lid. Do you really want to transfer it to another dish and have more to wash?
No, no you don’t.
Then again, do you really want to break out the single-use plastic wrap? If not, you can make this ridiculously EASY reusable food wrap. It keeps food fresh and is made with 100% biodegradable materials like beeswax and cotton.
Plus you can make it in to adorable snack bags!
Now, a few notes on reusable food wrap:
- To use, just place over a bowl or container, wrap around food like cheese, or fold into a snack bag. The warmth from your hands will mold the wrap into the desired shape.
- They can be washed with cold water and a mild soap ( I use castile soap)
- Since they cannot be washed with hot water they are not recommended for meat
- Items like cheese, vegetables, fruits, nuts, sandwiches, etc. can be wrapped up. Items that contain a lot of moisture (like jello) should not be placed in snack bags
- Depending on how frequently they’re used they can last for up to a year. After that all you need to so is re-wax them in order to keep using them.”
Leave a Reply